Friday, August 14, 2015

Powder Watercoloring with IBS

Good Morning Stamping Friends!!

I am on the Inspired By Stamping Blog today!!


Recently I got some fun "Color Burst" powder watercolors!!

So I finally decided to give them a try!!

I started by collecting my supplies:
Paint Brush
Powder Watercolors
Watercolor Paper
Water


Then it is time to have some fun!!


Start by adding a bunch of water on top of your watercolor paper. 

Then hold up the bottle and lightly shake it so some powder falls out onto the water covered paper...
The effects are so fun! (The picture above shows me starting to shake some of the powder out of the bottle!)

You can then either use a paintbrush to cover the paper or hold the paper and tilt it in different directions until you are satisfied with the look!
Aren't these powder watercolors awesome?!

The I decided to splatter some water on my finish watercolor piece to add some splatter marks!  
And since this is watercolor, the color is again activated, so I can draw some of the color off the paper to create make some of the original color of the paper show through again....

I dab a piece of paper toweling to pick up the colors and water.

The longer you leave the water sit the more color it will draw up!


Ready for my finished card?!

I hope so, I really like how it turned out:
I just LOVE this image!!  It's part of the Flower of the Month: Poppies set!!

Close-up:
The lovely sentiment is also from the set!

------------------------

Be sure to check out the Inspired By Stamping Blog for more wonderful inspiration!!

Check out the Inspired By Stamping Store to see all the lovely stamp sets!
So many beautiful sets to choose from!!

Have a lovely day!
Happy Stamping!





------------------------

Inspired by Stamping Supplies & Tools-01

Flower of the Month: Poppies



1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Cool Technique... beautiful card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations