Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Bordered Sentiment with Honey Bee Scraps

Hello Stamping Friends!

It's my day once again to post on the Honey Bee Scraps Blog!!

I am going to show you a little bit of my process for this card!

I love the Bordered Sentiment Technique, so I thought it would be fun to share it with you as well.

First, start by grabbing some supplies:
Stamps
Cardstock Base
Inks
Scrap Piece of Printer Paper (Mine was 1" in height, as you want it to be slightly bigger then your sentiment you are going to use)
Painter's Tape

----------------
Are you ready?!

Start by first decided where you would like your sentiment to go, lay your scrap piece of paper down and put painter's tape in place so the cardstock base doesn't move on you.

You can then decided what image you would like to use to create your border.  I decided to use the beautiful floral image from the Not Too Shabby stamp set!


As you can see, I decided to work with a few different shades of pink to give it some dimension.  It is totally up to you how many colors you would like to use.

Stamp your sentiment.

You can now either just leave it as is, or add a nice little touch, which I usually like to do, by scoring two lines to make the border more defined.

Or you can use a fine marker to create lines, which I did in this case:

Now you are ready to finish up your card!!
----------------

Here is my finished card:
I love how it turned out!!

The "hello" sentiment I used is part of the Life Right Now set!!
I love all the layers of flowers!!

Be sure to check out all the lovely Honey Bee Scrap stamp sets here!!
Happy Stamping!!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Pretty cards Kendra!