Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Alternative to Watercolors

Good Morning Stamping Friends!!

I am on the Inspired By Stamping Blog today, featuring a twist to use something other than watercolors!

So recently I was just "thinking" (yes, I know, sometimes bad!) while the kids were doing some painting on canvas's!  They have a ton of acrylic paints that they have gotten at Hobby Lobby that they absolutely love using.  

I thought, it would be cool if I could think of a way to use them on a card sometime.  So I decided to give it a try!

So I collected, in my case, two different acrylic paints I wanted to use, a paint brush, plate, stamps and water!
Watercolor
Acrylic paint can be very think and bright, so I used the water to thin it down to get more of a watercolor effect.  

Shown in the picture above are the acrylic paints I used on the left and right and in the center is one of them watered down.  

You do have to play with the paint and water a little to find a consistency you like.

Here are a few examples:
Watercolor2

I decided I liked that black stamped and embossed image best.
Watercolor3

So I created this fun and simple Sympathy card:
WatercolorCard
The elegant "With Sympathy" sentiment is part of the All Year Wishes II stamp set!

Sympathy cards are no fun to create.  But I do like how this one turned out.  Nice and simple.
WatercolorCard2
The beautiful floral image I used is part of the Friends Forever stamp set!

So if you don't have watercolors around the house to watercolor with, try out some acrylic paints!!

------------------------

Be sure to check out the Inspired By Stamping Blog for more wonderful inspiration!!

Check out the Inspired By Stamping Store to see all the lovely stamp sets!
So many beautiful sets to choose from!!

Have a lovely day!
Happy Stamping!





------------------------





3 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

So pretty Kendra! I may have to give that a try! I love the background and the flower stamp is gorgeous!
Sherrie K

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how Pretty! LOVE this idea... may have to try it! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Georgiana said...

Very pretty. Great technique to share...I am going to try this way.