Saturday, March 28, 2015

Polka Dots Please with IBS

Good Morning Stamping Friends!!

If you missed out on release week, be sure to check out Inspired By Stamping's new stamps!!
They are amazing!!

I am featured in today's Inspired By Stamping newsletter!

I created this super fun, simple masculine Birthday card:
I love the lines I stamped using the Background Basics Lines!!
I thought it would be fun to add some polka dots as well, but didn't have a stamp I could use.

So why not create my own!!

So I am going to share how I created them!

Collect Your Supplies:

Stamps
Ink
Ruler
Cardstock
Pencil with good new eraser

I started by using my ruler to stamp the lines straight.


I then also used my ruler again to help my "polka dots" straight along the lines.

Dab the eraser top on the ink pad and then on your cardstock as you wish!
Super fun and EASY!!
You can create any kind of designs if you wish!

And to be clear, this is an "odd" shaped card!  I didn't want it to be your traditional rectangle.  So I cut the edges on a slant.

Close up of the lines, "polka dots" and sentiment:
The sentiment is part of the Big Wishes II set!!

So next time you need some polka dots and don't have a stamp....grab your pencil!

------------------------

Be sure to check out the Inspired By Stamping Blog for more wonderful inspiration!!

Check out the Inspired By Stamping Store to see all the lovely stamp sets!
So many beautiful sets to choose from!!

Have a lovely day!
Happy Stamping!





------------------------




5 comments:

Georgiana said...

Thanks for the ruler tip! I usually just try to "eyeball" it. Great card!

Sue D said...

Great card design!

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful card Kendra! Have a great day!

Robyn Oliver said...

Simple and really effective, great card Kendra

lisa808 said...

Fun card!