Monday, December 2, 2013

Let It Snow with TDD

Happy Monday Crafty Friends!

Today I am sharing a sweet layout of my kids from earlier this year, playing in the snow!

I used some of my lovely Top Dog Dies!!

I also have a little tutorial/tip to share with you!

I am in love with my new Top Dog Dies and each time I use them I try to look at them in different ways!

Meaning I try to get different looks out of the same die.

If you have followed some of my previous posts, you will notice many times I don't use the entire Madison Border Die; it's beautiful using just the bottom potion as if it was a hand border punch.  Last week I used one of the snowflakes from the Snowflake Trio Die Set to create a poinsettia!

So this week....I took a look at the Nameplates Die.
What a fun die!  You get two lovely labels/shapes in one die!!!
But if you decide, like me, to alter them you get even more!!

I decided to work with the top one!

As you can see in the above picture, I cut the shape out 3 times.

I then lined up the straight edge, to cut off the rounded portion, to create a different look.

Check out the different looks:
The top one is the original and then two extra ones I came up with.  The bottom one could also be cut in half and used as a banner if you like!

I decided to use the bottom one for my winter layout:
One of our favorite parts about winter here in Wisconsin, is being able to play in the snow!!

I just love how my altered cuts look on this layout!  I believe if I would have used the original shape, it just would not have looked right with 3.

The last few weeks I have found myself using the Snowflake Trio Die Set a lot!!

As I mentioned before, I also like to just use portions of the Madison Border Die:


Hope you liked my little tutorial/tip today!

So be sure to look at your dies in different ways!  It's always nice to get more uses out of them!!


 --------------

Madison Border Die
Madison Border Die




Check out the Top Dog Dies Blog for some more wonderful inspiration!!

And be sure to check out the Top Dog Dies site to see all their amazing dies!!

Happy Monday!!

No comments: