Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Whoo Hoo Wendesday with IBS

Okay, I am so excited to share that on the Inspired By Stamping blog, each of us talented designers will be sharing some awesome techniques with all of you!

Whoo Hoo Wednesday!!

Today happens to be my first tutorial I am sharing, I did this tutorial a few week's back, but Joanna liked it and thought it would be fun to share on the IBS blog as well.

I used some cheap ordinary SPONGES, to create a fun shimmery background!

I used a paint brush to add some of my shimmery paints to the sponge, you could use any kinds of paint. 
 
As I sat and typed this up I was thinking - wonder if the sponges could be used as stamps, so I interrupted myself from my typing to try it out!  Sure enough, you could use just an ink pad if you'd like!! 

Ink the sponge up the way you would like and "stamp" it on your paper:

It gives a fun texture!
 I love creating my own papers, so I just love using sponges to help create them!  You could use the paper just like this if you'd like.

For the card I created for today, I wanted to add a subtle shimmer/texture to patterned paper.

Before:

After:

 For the pink piece, I wanted to add a light blue shimmer to it, to tie the piece in with the other paper:

Before:
 

After:


Fun how some cheap ordinay kitchen sponges can add a little fun to crafting!!

Now for my card, I am so excited to share with you:
 With Mother's Day right around the corner, I wanted to take the chance to create a beautiful card with IBS stamps!!  The sentiment is from the set All Year Wishes 2 and the stamped frame on the Spellbinders die is from Fancy Labels 18! LOVE both sets!!


Close-up:

One of the sponged pieces of paper:

Have a wonderful day!!



----------------------------

Challenges:
Love to Create: Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew: Ribbon
Craft Us Crazy: Mother's Day and/or Flowers
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog: Use Your Punches and Dies

6 comments:

Linda Wescott said...

Great idea and finished product is beautiful, thanks for inspiration. Hugs lin

Deloris said...

Love the pretty papers and great layout! Neat idea with the sponges!

~Tammy~ said...

This turned out beautiful Kendra!

Joanna M. said...

Your card is stunning and I love how you made your own paper. Very ingenious! Thanks for joining us this challenge at Creative Card Crew.
~jo

Margaret said...

Stunning card, love the way you've altered your papers. thanks for the tutorial :o)

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Card Crew for our ribbon challenge

Margaret DT

Jackie Randolph said...

Simply Stunning Kendra! Fabulous design and colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenges!