Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Full of Shimmer and Bling

It was my parents anniversary this weekend, so I needed to make them a card. So I came up with this card! I am so happy with how it turned out! I just had to use my new i-rock tool and my CI Paints!!

Just look at all the shimmer!
I used CI Paints Rustic Red, Antique Silver and Tutu Pink. In the main image I used the paints to accent certion areas to give a little shimmer.


I first stamped my image on a plain piece of cardstock. Notice the black circle I drew on the picture - when I stamped that heart I didn't push down hard enough on the right side over the stencil, so I didn't get any ink on that side.


But with some playing around with ink colors and CI paints, I managed to find a few comparisons and was able to manage fixing my problem!

You really can't even tell I make a mistake! I used "Rustic Red" to mask my hidden stamp mistake! Doesn't it look good?
INK COMPARISONS:
Stampin' Up Red Riding Hood ~ Rustic Red
VersaColor #33 Pink ~ Tutu Pink
Memento London Fog ~ Antique Silver


I found all three of these ink colors to be almost excellent color matches with the listed CI Paint colors. Now there also can be some variation, depending how thick the paint is put on and/or how much ink is transfered.


I used a fantastix to paint on some of the shimmer!
I also use a toothpick once in awhile for smaller detailed areas.
I have always enjoyed using smaller ink pads to use as sponges on paper. Today I was playing around an though I'd try using cotton balls with the CI Paints to give the same detail, but with shimmer! I love how it turned out! I first dabbed it on a scrap piece of paper and then on the actual piece.


These paints are just so amazing! The things you can do with them, is truely amazing!




Details:
Card Size: 4" x 5 1/2"
CI Paints: Rustic Red, Antique Silver, Tutu Pink
Stamps: Rectangular Faux Postage, Stampin' Up set "Priceless" (swirls), Studio G Series 41 (a lifetime of love), Inkadinkado set #97637 "Hearts" (small heart), Stampabilities #C1101 (Scribble Heart)
Paper: the Paper Studio black and grey textured cardstock, the Paper Studio red pearlized cardstock, white cardstock
Misc.: i-rock gems




Have a shimmery day!


Kendra

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful shimmery anniversary card, the faux postage looks great! The added bling is a great accent!

Stacy said...

Kendra,
What a pretty card. I love it. I have some blog awards for you so be sure to swing by and pick them up
Thanks for sharing
Stacy

Christina said...

love your cards. Swing by my blog there is something there for you.