Thursday, June 17, 2010

Creative Inspirations Paints Color Challenge

Wow, I can't believe we're on our 6th Challenge with CI Paints!! This is the final one for this round! I have had so much fun working with these paints!! They are by far one of my most favorite scrapping supplies!! They are, in my opinion, a MUST have!!

This time around we were given a color challenge. We were to use "beach-y colors" (blues, sand, yellows, etc.) Going into this one I had a neat father's day card idea, but it don't come out they way I really was imagining it to, so I went back to the drawing board and came up with this idea.

Make sure to check the CI Blog out to see all the other great creations!!

I decided I was going to try something with my Cricut for a card! I haven't really used my Cricut in awhile, so that was also my goal with this card. I used my new cart Home Decor to make this card! I just love this butterfly!

I used my waterbrush to paint on the paints on my embossed piece of paper. I first sent the paper through my Cuttlebug then spent some time and painted "Fairy Dust" on the embossed part. The entire time I was doing this I was thinking of all the different card ideas I could do by using this technique.

View of the card with the butterfly being 3-D and also the blue swirl! I didn't completely glue down the blue swirl so that it would also stick up a little bit.

Look at all the BEAUTIFUL shimmer!!! Ohhh La La! :)

Card Details:

Size: 5" x 7"

CI Paints: Royal Blue, Fairy Dust, Sunshine

Paper: K & Company "Roam Two-Sided"

Cricut Carts: Home Decor and Songbird

Misc.: Pearls


Have a wonderful day!



7 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely, the paints look wonderful on the embossed areas!

Clare said...

really pretty, great details, you got some great shimmer!! (super pics too!)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful idea- I love the shimmer on the embossed CB folder- great card- love the butterfly and the swirls too.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This turned out very nice, luv the paint on the embossing.

Creative Inspirations said...

You made a beautiful card and it really shows the shimmer from the Inspirations.

Anonymous said...

this is fabulous!

Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

Love this and you have BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!!!